Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lunches

So, one of my failings to myself is that I am terrible about feeding myself.  I don't take the time to make things for lunch.  If I don't like what they are serving at the coffee cart, I sometimes will just eat soup or something.  I know that is not good and that is the reason that I cannot seem to lose weight and keep it off.  So, I have to admit I was proud of myself this morning.  Last night when I went to the grocery store, I bought flatbreads.  I admit, I had no intention of using them for sandwiches.  Here's what I did:

Flatbread Pizza

Makes 1 serving

Preheat oven to 375F.  Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the center rack.  On a flat bread, spread 2 Tbsp sauce.  Cut 2 meatballs into thin slices and arrange on flat bread.  Cover with baby spinach.  Sprinkle with 1/4 cup feta cheese and top with 1/4 cup Italian cheese.  Place pizza directly onto foil sheet.  Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.  Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting.




As you could imagine, you could use so many different toppings: artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, etc.  It makes a nice lunch option when served with fruit and/or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment