Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

SuperBowl Sunday

Ok, so lets start with the morning.  I started cooking as soon as I got up because I knew it would take all day to cook the soup.  But I was hungry, so here's what I had for breakfast:

Spinach Feta Kielbasa Scrambled Eggs

Makes 1 serving

  • 1 lg egg*
  • 2 egg whites*
  • 2 oz kielbasa, sliced and quartered*
  • 1/2 cup baby spinach
  • 1/4 cup feta, crumbled*
  • garlic powder (to taste)
In a small saucepan, add kielbasa and spinach.  Cook until spinach begins to wilt.  In the meantime, beat egg and egg whites in small bowl with garlic powder.  Pour over spinach, sprinkle with feta cheese and cook, stirring, until eggs are just barely wet.

*CSA items

Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 10pts


Now,  for dinner/SuperBowl, I made queso dip (Velveeta and Rotel) and the following soup.  I will admit I am a sucker for the cabbage soup at Big Boy.  So, taking a cue from Lindsay Allen, I attempted to recreate it.  I have to admit, it turned out pretty darn good.  I did add to it by adding kielbasa, which changes the flavor a bit, but it turned out quite good.

Cabbage Soup

Makes 8 servings
  • 5 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped*
  • 1 med onion, diced
  • 1 med green pepper, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 8 oz kielbasa, sliced and quartered*
  • 1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes, hand crushed
  • 2 cups low-sodium tomato juice
  • 1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
  • 1/2 stick butter*
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.  Add onions and saute about 1 minute.  Add green peppers and garlic and continue sauteeing until onions just become transleuscent.  All all ingredients to crockpot, cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours, or until cabbage is cooked.  Makes about 8 1-cup servings.

Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value (per 1 cup serving): 5 points

Beginning of cooking

Finished

It's always nice to have time to cook for the week.  Just wish I could actually be watching the game. Time to find a good movie to put on!

No comments:

Post a Comment