Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

 

I have to again apologize because I am not keeping up with my posts here. But I do have a couple things I would like to share with you:

Balsamic Beef Short Ribs (slow-cooked)
  • 3 lbs beef short ribs, country style*
  • 3 lg carrots, peeled and cut into 2" pieces*
  • 4 red potatoes, washed and quartered
  • 4 med turnips, peeled and quartered*
  • 3 stalks celery, washed and cut into 2" pieces
  • 1/2 C balsamic vinegar
  • 1 C water
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 1/2 tsp cloves
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  •  
Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker; place ribs over vegetables. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, water, garlic and spices. Pour over vegetables and ribs. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
 
 
 
From this recipe, I made egg rolls (on a kind of as needed basis):
 
Beef Short Rib Egg Rolls
  • From above recipe, 1 beef rib, 2 piece carrots, 2 pieces turnips, 2 pieces celery and 1 piece potato* 
  • 3 egg roll wrappers
  • 1 C light oil (I used light olive oil)
Dice rib, carrots, turnips, celery and potato and mix together. On each egg roll wrapper, place 1/3 of mix. Fold one corner of wrapper over filling, fold in sides then roll and seal. Heat oil in medium skillet until hot. Add egg rolls and cook until browned on all sides.
 
  
And now that I have played with the eggroll wrappers again, I remember how easy they are to use, so I will probably use them more and more. Stay tuned!
 
 
 
*CSA package ingredients
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment