Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 13: Breakfast

I have gotten so much pork over the last few weeks and needed to find a way to use some ground pork.  In the Taste of Home: New Comfort Food Diet Cookbook, there is recipes for turkey sausage.  I decided that would be a good use for the ground pork:

Fresh Pork Breakfast Sausage
Adapted from Taste of Home: New Comfort Food Diet cookbook
  • 1 lb ground pork*
  • 1 tsp rubbed sage
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder w/ herbs
  • 1/8 tsp dried marjoram
  • dash allspice
  • dash ground corriander
  • dash cayenne
Combine all ingredients until well mixed.  Seperate into 8 balls.  Flatten balls and cook in a heated large frypan until no long pink in the center.

I then took a Thomas Hearty Grains Whole Wheat bagel and toasted it.  Fried an egg, cut one of my sausage patties in half horizontally and sliced an ounce of pepper havarti*.  Once I assembled the sandwich, I broiled it until the cheese was melted and bubbly.

*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment