Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wk 12 Selection

Oh my goodness, this is going to be a fun package!  Unbeknownst to me, they have theme weeks every once in a while and this week it's pizza!  Actually, the funny part of this was that I was thinking it would be fun to get pizza from the CSA, but thought it would be too difficult because of the pizza crust.  Well, Trevor answered my thoughts and then some!  Here's what we are expecting:

Winter CSA Wk 12 Selection- 2 frozen pizza dough balls, one seasoned and one whole wheat
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb assorted ground sausages (mild Italian, hot Italian, chorizo, and non-flavored)
- 1 bag mixed organic greens
- 4 oz hot and sweet chevre
- 1 lb bag heirloom corn chips
- 1 lb assorted salsas
- 1 head organic bibb lettuce
- Pork rib selection –  Country Ribs*, some spare ribs and baby-back ribs

Now, I don't know if I am going to end up with the Country Ribs as the note says most of them are that style, but since Country Ribs are actually just shoulder cut into rib-like pieces, I am really hoping he will have some spare ribs or baby-back ribs left to chose from.  I actually have the pork shoulder roast I got a couple packages ago thawing in my refrigerator right now and I have had 2 others this winter and for me, that's a lot of pork shoulder!  But it's all good.  I look forward to tasting all the different sauces and sausages that we are getting this week.  Should be a fun package to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment