Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16: This week's CSA

Chicken!!!!  Yay!  We are getting a chicken again.  Don't get me wrong, all the meats we have gotten so far have been fantastic, but I was lamenting the other day that it would be nice to get a chicken or a beef roast or such.  My lament was answered.  I am also very excited about yogurt this week.  According to Trevor, this is fresh yogurt containing only one ingredient: cultured milk and it's as fresh as you could possibly get: from udder to pastuerizer, no holding tank.  I can't wait to give it a try!

Winter CSA Wk 11 Selection
-   One pasture raised whole chicken, 4-4.5 lbs
-   1 lb ground breakfast sausage (sage seasoning)
-   2 boneless pork chops (1.5 to 2 lbs)
-   1 lb Spelt Maple Crunch
-   2 lbs organic white spelt flour
-   1 quart farmstead cow yogurt
-   1 quarter peck Red Delicious apples
-   ½ lb organic leaf lettuce
-   ½ lb mixed organic greens
-   1 bunch red mustard greens
-   1 dozen eggs

I am going to go throw together a strata before I head to bed since I am getting more eggs.  I still haven't used up all of the eggs I got last time.  I happen to have asparagus and baby bellas in my crisper and they would make a great strata with the seedy bread that I also need to use up!  Once I figure it out and get it baked, I will post the recipe here.

BTW, tomorrow is St. Patrick's day, which also means St. Baldrick's Day.  At 3pm tomorrow many of us from the 6th floor at Wolstein Research will be shaving our heads in solidarity with kids with cancer.  The event has raised more than $164,000 already.  There is still time to donate, if you should be so inclined.  I will be updating my profile picture here tomorrow with my newly bald head to honor the kids.  If you do wish to donate, click this link: http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/423510, click on the "Make a Donation" button and follow the directions.  I will thank you and so will the kids!  Lets keep working to find cures for childhood cancers!

No comments:

Post a Comment