Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15: A little quinoa dessert

I have another half gallon of apple cider left over from the last CSA package that I was having trouble using up.  I was also looking for a light fun dessert.  When I was searching the web for a quick light dessert, I ran across a recipe for quinoa pudding on Allrecipes.com.  I adapted the recipe for my rice cooker:

Quinoa Rice Pudding
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups apple cider*
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Place all ingredients into bowl of rice cooker.  Choose sprouted rice (or white rice) setting and press Cook.

Makes 12 (1/2-cup) servings

Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 3

*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment