Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bariatric Updates

Today is the first of a few appointments before my actual surgery. The official date of surgery will be March 27. Today is my peri-operative appointment. This appointment is about confirming I am healthy enough for surgery and discussing anesthesia options. They are fond of saying there are new better options, but in 2009 I still got sick after my tonsillectomy. This time it will be important for me to not get sick after surgery.

 After today, I have an IVC filter consult (which I am likely going to decline), a cardio clearance and an endoscopy. I suppose I will also find out what drugs I will have to take before and after the surgery. In  and amongst all of this, I am running experiments. So, it's going to be a busy couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment