Total Pageviews

Friday, March 30, 2012

Learning as I Go

Educating my stomach is not the only education I'm finding I need. They had put a blinder on me after surgery to help support my mid-section. It occurred to me that I might want to leave it off at some point so the incisions could breathe. When the nurses called to check up on me, the confirmed that I should. I decided that the best time to go without the binder would be when I am laying beat in the bed for a nap. Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong! About 5 minutes after laying down, gravity started pulling at the incisions on the left side. Didn't get much of a nap. So now I know that I probably should wear it most of the time until the incisions heal just a bit more.

 I also get tired throughout the day. As the day goes on, it gets harder for me to get the liquids down. Not only that, I keep swallowing a lot of air when I try to sip. I wish someone could explain to me how not to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Just after my operation, I would just sip in enough water to moisten my mouth, no more. It hurt so much to swallow that I couldn't do anymore. Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete