Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fresh salad

It seems that this summer I am craving fresh.  So, when I needed to come up with another side for a picnic, I decided to go with cucumber tomato salad again.  However, this time, I had artichoke hearts available too.  I wasn't able to attend the picnic because I am still recovering from the anesthesia from when they removed my IVC filter on Wednesday.  However, I went ahead and made the salad so that my husband could enjoy it this week.

Greek Cucumber Salad
  • 1 (15-oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 (14-oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, diced
  • 1 large tomato*, diced
  • 1 medium cucumber*, diced
Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans; remove any loose skins.  Place beans in a zippered bag with olive oil and vinagar: marinate overnight.  Pour beans into a large bowl; dice other vegetables and add to the beans.  Toss with dressing.  Top with feta cheese just before serving, if desired.

 
*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment