Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

Progress

Last week was interesting in many ways.  First, I had my next follow-up with the bariatric surgery.  I have now officially lost 76.3 pounds.  The bariatric nurse came into the room exclaiming that I was now at a 6 month weight loss only three and a half months after surgery.  She also told me that I am still very restricted in stomach capacity compared to most at this stage (which probably explains the weight loss).  I started to get concerned that I was doing something wrong, but she said that as long as I am meeting my nutritional needs and getting exercise in, there was nothing wrong with my current status. 

I also would like to point out that I lost 27.3 pounds before the surgery and that is included in the total weight loss.  So if you take what I have lost since surgery and divide it by the number of weeks, it comes out to a 3.5lbs/week rate of loss. I think that is very reasonable.  I am glad that things continue to go in the right direction.  I got worried for a while as I was trying to get past the 300lb mark.  I only managed to lose about 2 lbs in 3 weeks while my body fought against breaking that barrier.  The rapid weight-loss after I finally broke it was simply my body catching up.  It has slowed back down to what appears to be 2-3.5 lbs a week now.  I am happy with that.

I just wanted to share a picture I took this weekend because I finally have a pair of pants that basically fit.  I am quite please with how my body is starting to look and I am hopeful that I might actually be able to have a reasonable ratio between my hips and waist at some point in time (I am very pear shaped).


For those of you who follow my blog for my recipes, I am hoping to get back to cooking this week.  Last week was unbearably hot and I could not convince myself to fire up my stove or oven.  Living in an apartment with no a/c makes it very difficult to be on top of cooking.  We have some great produce that I desperately need to cook, so look for some food entries this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment