Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Brussels Sprouts

As I was pinning my blog recipes onto Pintrest, I ran across a recipe for carbonara and thought, "hmm, its been awhile since I've had carbonara." This week, we also got fresh squash and black pepper linguine from Ohio City Pasta. I also hadn't completely decided what to do with the Brussels Sprouts. Plus I cooked the chicken we received in this week's share yesterday in my Crockpot. I decided to throw it all together.

 Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Carbonara
  • 1 cup Brussels sprouts*
  • 1 cup shredded chicken breast*  
  • 4 oz fresh linguine*
  • 2 large eggs*
  • 1/4 cup romano cheese 
  • 2 Tbsp butter* 
 Cut ends off ends of Brussels sprouts and remove outer browned leaves. Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add Brussels Sprouts and boil for 5 minutes. Add linguine; cook about 2 minutes. Save 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta & sprouts; set aside. In saucepan, melt butter and add chicken. Saute 1 minute. Add pasta and sprouts; mix well. Beat eggs, add romano cheese and mix well. Add 2 tbsp pasta water to eggs and stir quickly. Add egg mixture to pasta and toss over low heat until heated through.



*CSA ingredients

1 comment:

  1. Sprouts and carbonara are tow of my favorite foods. I'm thrilled you came up with this genius idea! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete