Total Pageviews

Monday, January 16, 2012

Roasted Beets

Today I am cooking beets. As I was perusing Pintrest, I saw some beautiful roasted beets. I clicked on it and the website reminded me that wrapping the beets in foil and roasting really only steams the beets. I really like the flavor of roasted beets, so I washed, peeled and wedged them and then roasted as follows:

 Roasted Beets
  • 1 1/2 lbs beets* (any color will do)
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar 
  • salt and pepper, to taste
 Preheat oven to 400°F.   Wash beets, then peel and cut into 1" wedges. Place beets in a large Ziploc bag. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Seal Gag and shake until beets are coated evenly. Spread in single layer on cookie sheet covered with foil. Roast for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until beets are cooked (easily pierced with fork). Cool and serve on a mixed green salad. Or, in my case, put in a blender and puree for blended food phase following surgery.





*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment