Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2012

Master Chef

I cannot believe that I am going to say this, but....enough people are supporting me to give this audition a go!  I sent in my online preregistration and they have already called to confirm they received it.  So, the next thing is to go home and make the most amazing dish!  We got potatoes in the share last night, and there are no facilities for reheating the dish you bring, so I am going to try to make an amazing vichysiose.  I need to go find leeks and heavy cream (as well as chives, I hope) to make it.  The idea came from the potato and leek soup I made a couple weeks back.  I actually ended up eating most of it cold because it tasted so good that way.  Vichysiose is meant to be served cold and can be an amazing dish to present if you can figure out how to do a fancy swirl with the cream and you have fresh chives to garnish the dish.  My question is, how big a bowl should I bring to serve it in? (yes, we have to bring serving dishes and utensils).  I would normally serve it in a 6 oz ramekin since my stomach is tiny and I can only eat so much.  I do have pasta bowls that have nice wide rims and look beautiful, but if it's a white soup, do I want to use a white dish?  Oh the questions!  LOL!

I don't have any illusions that I am the perfect candidate for this show.  My knife skills are horrendous.  Which means if I were to make the first week, that is probably as far as I would get because they always test the knife skills the first week.  But it costs me little to try.  And I have such a compelling story, so who knows.  I have to give it a try.  Stay tuned for pictures and reports of how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment