Total Pageviews

Monday, October 15, 2012

Split Peas and Chorizo

It was a busy weekend with a trip home to Michigan. I picked up the CSA Friday night from Renee and received a really nice chorizo. Since it was thawed, I spent sometime while home looking for a slow-cooker recipe to use it. I figured I could throw it together before I went to bed when I got back to Cleveland. I very quickly ran across this comforting-sounding yellow split pea soup recipe.

 Yellow Split Pea Soup with Chorizo
 Adapted from: www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-yellow-pea-soup-with-chorizo-107162
  •  1 (16-oz) pkg dried yellow split peas
  •  2-1/2 cups homemade vegetable stock*
  •  2 medium carrots*, sliced
  •  2 cups water
  •  1/2 tsp fresh-ground pepper
  •  1 tsp salt-free spicy seasoning blend
  •  2 small potatoes*, peeled and diced
  •  1/2 medium red pepper*, diced
  •  2 cups fresh com kernels*
  • 8 oz chorizo sausage*
 Combine all ingredients in Crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours until split peas are cooked.





*CSA ingredients   

No comments:

Post a Comment