Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The "Sexy"

I am here to admit that I finally hit that moment I have hoped for since this journey began. I hit that"sexy". I'm sure you are thinking "what does that mean? For me, it was the moment that I put on a piece of clothing and thought "God, you look sexy!"

That moment is important for me apparently bevause I hit it yesterday when I found and tried on a certain burgandy velvet dress I have been dying to wear for years.  I put it on thinking it would show every roll of loose skin on my body. Instead, I saw this:


What's important about this is that it must have helped me change the way I hold myself, because when I got to work today, a woman I see several times a week decided to tell me I look good. Then went on to say "Don't misunderstand me, I'm straight, I'm married with kids, but when I saw you walking, all I could think was DAMN, GIRL!"

That is what I mean when I say I reached my sexy. Now, don't get me wrong, I know I have a long way to go, but it feels great to have people notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment