Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Audition

When they called our numbers, they gathered us in the lobby and made sure we were all there. Then the tasters said they needed a short break, so we were told to relax.

Then they gathered us again and we were told to be excited because they filmed the entrance into the room. There were 20 of us and we were led to our spots.

Once everyone was settled, we were told to get out our applications and then we had 3 minutes to plate our dish. One of the reviewers came over and looked at my ginger oil while I was plating. And I think my dish looked nice, albeit simple, when I finished.

Looking around, there were some very complex and fancy dishes presented. My, soup, however was not as simple as it appears. I hope the flavors bore that out.

We then were encouraged to chat amongst ourselves as the judges circulated and interviewed everyone. They wanted to know what influences your cooking, what all do you cook, they wanted to know about the CSA, etc.

When everyone was interviewed, they deliberated for about 5 minutes and then asked some to stay and released the rest of us. We should hear in about 3 days who moves on.

I just want to shout out to two people in my group: one who gave me the chives for garnish and the other who loaned me scissors to snip them! Great people there today!




No comments:

Post a Comment