Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2011

More from Sunday, Jan 23.

So, I have continued to cook through the day today.  Since I received some fresh black-pepper pasta in the package yesterday, I decided to make a homemade tomato sauce with the meatballs.  Of course, I wasn't on the CSA plan over the summer, so I had to use store-bought canned tomatoes (no fresh available either), but here is what is in the crockpot right now:

Betsy's Slow-Cooker Italian Meatball Sauce

Makes 12 servings
Place all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cover and cook 6-8 hours on LOW.  Serve over 1 cup cooked pasta.

Weight Watchers PointsPlus value (1/2 cup sauce with 2 meatballs): 6


While the sauce is cooking, I am also slow-roasting a pork shoulder.  I am cooking it several hours at 250F.  I just peeked at it and it is looking beautiful.  The nice thing about pork shoulders is that they can be pulled and mixed with bbq sauce to make fantastic sandwiches, or cut up and used in stew or soup.  This was a 5 lb shoulder, so I should be able to do quite a bit with it.  Currently, I am trying to decide how to make a homemade bbq sauce.  Since I got a jar of sorghum with the CSA package, I am looking at recipes that would normally have molasses in them.  Once I decide on a recipe, I will post it here.  And I am thinking some cornbread would be nice too (cornmeal and sorghum from the CSA package).

No comments:

Post a Comment