Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

I will admit that when my surgery was scheduled, I didn't realize that Easter would fall at the end of phase 2. It's been a strange Easter Sunday. My parents are still in FL and I just had surgery, so no family get together this year. John took me to Whole Foods to stock up for the blended phase. I was really surprised they were open today.

 It has been a good year to year-and-a-half since I have made a real trip to a grocery store. I have been subscribing to the community supportive agriculture program for that long. I have to say, I can't wait to get back to it! It makes me sad to go back to "normal" living! I made it through the shopping, with my legs very tired at the end. Of course, by the time we got home, all I wanted to do was take a nap. It's going to take some time to get back to my busy active life. But I've got to tell you I I can't wait!

 The other thing I find interesting is that my initial aversion to blending meats is quickly waning. For my first blended meal, I decided to make salmon florentine. Salmon is soft enough that I think I should be able to get it smooth. I'll sure to post the recipe and a picture of the completed dish before blending. I'm thinking nobody will want to see it after it's blended. I am hoping the flavor will override the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment