Total Pageviews

Friday, April 6, 2012

Feeling great!

I have been up and down getting my liquids and playing with the "kids" a bit and just noticed that I suddenly feel really good.  Clearly, the incisions are healing because even the itchiness is gone now.  The only remaining reminder is a bruise they gave me during surgery, but even that is half the size it was. 

Now I can pay attention to some of the other things I haven't really paid attention to.  Those who know me know that I have been perimenopausal for almost 10 years now.  Lately, the indications have been that I might finally be winding down.  Now, I'm not so sure.  Of course, losing weight will do things like that.  But I have noticed a couple things: first, my emotions aren't running away from me this month.  Usually, the last week of my cycle, I get very irritable.  Well, this month, it hasn't hit yet.  Second, the edema related to my cycle has NOT gone away.  This is a disappointment.  But since I don't already have edema in my legs, the cycle-related edema isn't bothering me as much as it has the past few months.  I hope all of this isn't TMI for anyone.  It will be interesting to see how this all evolves as I lose weight.

My knees do seem to be affected by the cycle-related edema.  They don't exactly hurt, right now, but they get stiff easier.  I am guessing that is the reason that they hurt so bad at the end of my cycle the last few months. On the plus side, when I know that they are going to get stiff, I move around more.  The stiffness comes from sitting in one place too long.  So, I have probably been up and down more today than any other day since the surgery.


No comments:

Post a Comment