Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Good Day

Today I had a visitor. My husband's cousin drove over from the Ann Arbor area. We chatted, walked and she gently reminded me to drink whatever it was I needed to be drinking. I also had a really great phone conversation with my sister-in-law. Now, I call this a good day because yesterday wasn't so good.

 On Sunday, I realized that having 3 protein shakes made with water was not giving me enough calories. So, I tried to start adding other caloric liquids to the routine. I have never been able to drink milk with milkfat over 1%. We grew up drinking nonfat dry milk and my system has never learned to deal with milkfat. I sent my husband to get Lactaid milk when we got here and neither of us noticed it was 2%. Actually, I'm a little disappointed Lactaid put the 2% milk in a blue carton That's a color usually reserved for skim. I had also had him pick up some cream soups because it was mentioned that if I skimmed them, I could have them. So for dinner last night, I made cream of broccoli, skimmed out a serving, mixed some protein powder (unflavored) and tried to have that for dinner. I managed to eat it, but it was a truly uncomfortable experience. That's when I discovered the milk was 2%. Clearly, this is one thing that has not changed.

 Before I put the soup away, I diluted it with an equal amount of water. It made a really nice dinner tonight. But I will not be taking a chance with that again. It's just too much fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment