Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Levels

This morning was my first visit to the coumadin clinic.  When you go on coumadin, your blood levels have to reach a certain range.  This is especially important at the beginning when you are about to run out of the inject-able you take along with it.  I have 3 more days of Arixtra left for injections.  The goal is to get my levels to 2-3 before I run out.  This morning, my level was 1.8, which, I am told is quite good after only 4 days.  So, for the next day, they are adding an extra half dose of coumadin and I will go back again on Thursday.  After that, they follow up once a week until the levels stay within the range and the goal is to only see them once a month.

Today they confirmed that the trip to Boston should not be a problem.  The reminded me to be good about hydrating and getting out every hour to move around while we are driving.  We are taking 2 days to make the drive, which made them much happier as well.  I just hope my stamina is up to the trip.  I know I will be the thinnest I have been in 10 years (since I already am), but with the blood clot, my leg gets tired pretty quick.  They assured me that will change faster than I think and that one day I will realize that it isn't bugging me at all.  But I still worry!  I do want to show John some of the things that I remember from visiting there as a kid.  The best part will be being on soft foods by that time.  I'm thinking Boston is going to be a good place to be during that phase.  If nothing else, there will always be seafood!

No comments:

Post a Comment