Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Today's lesson

I discovered today that three days on three protein shakes a day made with water is definitely NOT enough calories to sustain me! The hardest part of this surgery is figuring out what you can tolerate to get all of your liquids and proteins in. (In case you are wondering, the three shakes came to a whopping 312 calories a day). I know that sugar bothers me right now, but haven't tried anything with a little bit of sugar (12 g or less) since my reaction to the Boost on the first day (18g sugar, 26g carbs). So, I just checked at the rest area to see what I might be able to try for "lunch". I came out with a muscle milk (12g carbs, 3g sugars, 230 cals) and a coconut water (11g carbs and sugars). I am starting with the muscle milk for the protein and so far no reaction. The coconut water is an experiment in hydration for later. I figure if I can't tolerate it, my hubby will finish it, but if I can tolerate it, it will become a source of potassium for the future.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment