Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Milestones

I have a couple milestones to report today. First, as I mentioned on Facebook, I consider being healed enough to lay on my side a milestone. As of last night, I was able to do that. Second, I have been taken off one of my blood pressure meds. Third, I have reached phase 3 in the food plan. What that means is I can now have blended foods.

I decided about midweek last week that I was not going to take the easy way out and rely on yogurt and baby food. I want real food. It won't be pretty, but I sure hope it will taste good. Here's what I've done today.

 Tropical Cheesecake Smoothie
  •  1/2 cup Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt
  •  1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
  •  1/2 cup coconut milk
  •  1/2 cup frozen mangoes
 Place all ingredients in blender. Puree until completely smooth.

 
 Blended Egg Salad 
  •  2 hard boiled eggs
  •  2 Tbsp Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt
  • 2 tsp brown mustard
  •  2 tsp Brussels sprouts relish
 Place all ingredients into blender. Puree until smooth.

 Both of these items filled me up with half a serving. I split them between a meal and a snack. I should have one more meal tonight, but I'm full right now, so I'm having a hard time thinking of that. I'm going to have some tea now and see how I feel in an hour.

I have to admit that I am struggling tonight. I made a protein shake to get the rest of my protein in. I had had some peanut butter for dinner and I guess that might be a little heavy for my stomach because I am feeling up way too fast with the protein shake. It's too bad because the peanut buttes is a good source of protein and it seemed to go down well. Tomorrow I have to cook. Hopefully, what I make will work, making the rest of the week easier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment