Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Night off

So Tuesday nights are rehearsal nights and this one in particular was our fundraiser: Boston Market Night.  I think I am already getting a bit spoiled with these CSA packages, because while the food was good, you could tell the vegetables were frozen, packaged vegetables and there was a debate going on about whether the potatoes were real or flakes.  These Boston Market people helping us out assured us they were real, but there were a lot of people who said they tasted more like flaked.  Ah, such fun!

Tonight, I need to do something with the remaining tomatoes and start working on the beets.  I am pretty sure that I am going to roast the remaining tomatoes with some garlic and maybe even balsamic vinegar.  Then I will make a sauce with them.  The beets, I need to at least blanch and peel, but I would like to get the Borscht made so I can take advantage of the greens.  Oh, the possibilities!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment