Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Apple Crisp

So, it's funny how I haven't really remembered everything that I have gotten in my CSA packages.  I am assuming that is because I didn't pick up a couple of them personally.  However, in the process of moving, I ran across a bag of spelt granola that I must have received a few weeks back.  Ever since I found that bag, I have been craving apple crisp.  Since John was coming down for the long weekend, I decided that it was a perfect time to use up some of the apples we have received and some of the granola and, of course, some of that 2 lb roll of butter as well.  Here's what I threw together:

Spelt Granola Apple Crisp

Makes 6 servings
  • 3 lg apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup lime juice (you can use lemon as well)
  • 2 1/2 cups spelt granola
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
Pour 1/4 cup lime (or lemon) juice into a large bowl.  Peel, core and slice the apples, tossing them with the lime juice.  Pour this mixture into the crock.  In another medium bowl, combine the granola and sugar.  Sprinkle over apples.  Drizzle with melted butter.  Cook for 5-6 hours on LOW. 

Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 7


I used lime juice because my lemon juice had gone bad.  I actually have been enjoying the smell of the whole crisp cooking.  The lime juice gives it a different smell.  I can't wait to try it when it is done.  We are going to The Melting Pot for dinner, so I am guessing we will have dessert with dinner, but we can pick up some vanilla ice cream on the way home to have with it tomorrow.  I will post a picture when it's ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment