Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday morning breakfast

Okay, I know this is not a CSA recipe because I haven't gotten eggs since the first package, but it could be.  This morning's breakfast was so tasty, I have to post the recipe.  I would post a picture, but I have been told that sometimes the pictures don't do the recipe justice and looking at my plate right now, I think this is probably another that wouldn't.  So, here's the recipe, and you can judge the taste yourself!

Greek Scrambled Eggs

Makes 2 servings
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 4 egg whites
  • 8 artichoke hearts, quartered
  • 10 olives, quartered (I used black, but would be so good with kalamata!)
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp dried sweet basil
Prepare the artichokes and olives.  In a medium bowl, scramble together eggs, egg whites, garlic and spices.  Heat medium saute pan prepared with cooking spray over medium heat.  Add artichokes and olives to pan and mix well.  Pour egg mixture over artichoke mix and sprinkle with feta cheese.  Heat until eggs are cooked on bottom.  Slowly mix eggs until just barely wet (do not overcook).  Makes 2 servings

Weight Waters PointsPlus value: 7



So, this was a recipe using up things that I have in my refrigerator, but I could see changing it up to use fresh ingredients.  I would have added spinach if I had some and using fresh herbs would make it taste fresher.  Although I have to admit, this was the first time I ever made scrambled eggs with oregano and that flavor was wonderful!  We are headed to BJ's and Costco today, so I will pick up some spinach, etc.  Will be nice to have some groceries.  I have been very lax lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment