Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Choices, choices, choices

Right after I posted my blog yesterday, Trevor sent out the list for this week's package.  Here are the contents:

Winter CSA Wk 5 Selection
-          1 whole roasting chicken, approximately 5#s
-          3 lbs sweet potatoes
-          1 head green cabbage or napa cabbage
-          1 lb Berkshire smoked bacon
-          3-4 lbs winter squash, mixed varieties
-          Quarter peck Goldrush apples
-          Meat selection….the following selection will be available (choose 1):
            o   Berkshire pork spareribs – 3-3.5 lbs (1 pack)
            o   Babyback ribs – 3-3.5 lbs (2 packs)
            o   Boneless pork chops, 4 chops, 3 lbs (2 packs)
            o   Pork shoulder roast, approximately 4-5 lbs
            o   Grassfed beef Rolled Rump Roast, boneless and tied, 3-3.5 lbs
            o   Grassfed beef Chuck Roast, bone in, 3-3.5 lbs
            o   Sirloin Chops (2 lbs) and Italian Sausage (1 lb)

The last entry is going to be tough for me!  I am leaning toward the pork shoulder roast, but the beef rolled rump roast is tempting as well.  I will probably waver back and forth until the moment I pick up the package on Saturday.  Excited to have the bacon and chicken.  I still have fresh pasta left from the last package and I am thinking that Hay and Straw Pasta will be in order.  If you've never had this before, it is similar to carbonara but has a mix of pastas (spinach and wheat).

I am sad to say that I did not win the Mega Millions (surprise, surprise).  So it is time to be off to work!

2 comments: