Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

CSA Sunday night dinner

The day ran long today and we both fell asleep watching an old episode of Dr. Who (think Tom Baker).   Thankfully, I had already decided we wouldn't make it to Melting Pot and cancelled the reservation.  We are thinking we will do that for lunch tomorrow.

This morning I had put some beef ribs in the crockpot, so we had dinner already cooking.  I was just sitting here thinking about it and realized that something from my CSA packages was in each part of dinner tonight, so here is what we had:

Kapusta Soup (http://csafoodie.blogspot.com/2011/01/kapusta-soup.html)

Stuffed Acorn Squash (http://csafoodie.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-to-do-with-squash.html)

Southwestern Beef Short Ribs

Makes 2 servings

Rub the short ribs with the seasonings.  Place in a prepared crock.  Cook on LOW for 4 hours.  Mix the tomatoes, salsa and vinegar in a small bowl.  Pour over ribs (after the 4 hours) and turn cooker to HIGH.  Cook for 1 hour.

Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 8 pts

Spelt Granola Apple Crisp w/ Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (http://csafoodie.blogspot.com/2011/01/apple-crisp.html)

In all, I used cabbage, butter, acorn squash, salsa, spelt granola and apples in tonight's dinner.  So, I guess you could say that it was a CSA dinner all around!  I realize that the rib recipe is the same as the roast recipe that is on one of the pages I referenced here.  I actually developed this recipe for the ribs and then adjusted it to roasts.  Either way, it is a tasty way to eat beef!

I am grateful that tomorrow is MLK day.  I don't have to go into work, but I will be working.  We have to have the proposal as close to being done as possible when we submit it to the grant office Tuesday.  We will have another week to tweak it before I submit, but their new policy is that you have to turn in something close to complete 5 working days before the deadline.  So, I have 2 more pages to get rid of before I can submit it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  And Mark and Michelle Bone, I hope that your grand opening went well!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment